New AGP pool. Need advice

Jul 2, 2012
Freedom, WI
We are currently getting an AGP installed inground and the liner and water is in the pool but the filter and pump will not be hooked up until the concrete work gets done. What type of chemical treatment should I do in the meantime in case it takes 3 or 4 days for this to happen?

Thank you.

I ordered a TF-100 kit today and plan on doing BBB when I get the kit.

Should I just add some for now and stir it up?

It depends on the pool size. If you don't know who many gallons you can go to PoolCalculator.com and enter the dimensions into the boxes near the bottom of the page. Take the number of gallons from that calculation and place that number into the "size" box at the top of the page. In the next row FC, enter 0 in the first box and 3 in the second box

Here a screen grab

Attachments

• pc.png
    pc.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 137
So three weeks with no pump yet and I have been dumping bleach in and keeping it clean.

I did put some stabalizer in the other day and now the pool seems to be getting cloudy.

Here were my measurements. Hopefully the pump and filter are getting started today. I think the cloudiness is due to concrete dust and dirt that has gotten in the pool over the last 3 weeks.

FC - 12
CC - 0
CYA - 25
PH - 7.5

If it is cloudy should I raise the FC or do you think it just needs to be filtered and cleaned?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Without a pump one has to believe your fighting an uphill battle, I can't see maintaining it adequately with stirring. This technique was only going to buy you a few days - not weeks.
You need pump/filter asap and then probably have to shock it.

Pump is going and the pool is crystal clear. :lol: The stirring method worked pretty good for 3 weeks without a pump. The last straw was the concrete dust I think. Now just the fence and landscaping and hopefully a warm August and September in WI. :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.