Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New AGP pool. Need advice

1. Back To Top    #1

New AGP pool. Need advice

We are currently getting an AGP installed inground and the liner and water is in the pool but the filter and pump will not be hooked up until the concrete work gets done. What type of chemical treatment should I do in the meantime in case it takes 3 or 4 days for this to happen?

Thank you.

I ordered a TF-100 kit today and plan on doing BBB when I get the kit.

Should I just add some for now and stir it up?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New AGP pool. Need advice

Add about 3 ppm FC each evening using bleach and stir it well with a brush. The pool calc will help you figure out how much that is.

Once you get your test kit you can post a set of numbers.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok. Since I don't have the test kit yet. Is that a cup, 2 cups, 1/2 gallon of bleach?

Is it safe for kids to swim in it?

4. Back To Top    #4

It depends on the pool size. If you don't know who many gallons you can go to PoolCalculator.com and enter the dimensions into the boxes near the bottom of the page. Take the number of gallons from that calculation and place that number into the "size" box at the top of the page. In the next row FC, enter 0 in the first box and 3 in the second box

Here a screen grab
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you.

I think I did it right. 16' x 28' oval x 5.9 (6' deep end 4' shallow end). I got 13,216 gallons - 82 oz of bleach or 5.8 oz of trichlor.

6. Back To Top    #6

I would highly suggest the 82 oz of bleach...
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

7. Back To Top    #7

So three weeks with no pump yet and I have been dumping bleach in and keeping it clean.

I did put some stabalizer in the other day and now the pool seems to be getting cloudy.

Here were my measurements. Hopefully the pump and filter are getting started today. I think the cloudiness is due to concrete dust and dirt that has gotten in the pool over the last 3 weeks.

FC - 12
    CC - 0
    CYA - 25
    PH - 7.5

If it is cloudy should I raise the FC or do you think it just needs to be filtered and cleaned?

8. Back To Top    #8

Just keep your FC 12-15 and you'll be fine.
    Brushing to keep it mixed.

Chuck
    Swim n Play 21' round, expandable 72" liner, 6FT deep center, buried 14", 12,750 Gallons
    Waterway 1HP-2 speed with 22" Sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    Thanks to TFP my pool is perfect all the time :party:
    I now suffer from Sparklypoolitis! :whoot:
    I am a Platinum contributor because I want everyone who comes here to Trouble Free Pool to have the same success that I enjoy with my pool and family.

9. Back To Top    #9

Agree with supertune and brush,brush,brush that creates turbulence in the water to help in mix
    18x52 intex ultra frame pool 6981 gallons, 1 HP LL pump with 19 in sand filter,BBB method,borax 50ppm
    leslies DPD test kit + fas-dpd chlorine test kit + borates test strips
    thru wall skimmer,hard plumbed with 2 returns 1 1/2 sch 40 pvc
    1 large fountain 1 inch sch 40 pvc,shut off ball valves on all

10. Back To Top    #10

It getting cloudy doesn't surprise me with no pump filtering for that long. Once you get it going you'll see a big difference.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

Without a pump one has to believe your fighting an uphill battle, I can't see maintaining it adequately with stirring. This technique was only going to buy you a few days - not weeks.
    You need pump/filter asap and then probably have to shock it.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

12. Back To Top    #12

Pump is going and the pool is crystal clear. The stirring method worked pretty good for 3 weeks without a pump. The last straw was the concrete dust I think. Now just the fence and landscaping and hopefully a warm August and September in WI.