Pool Pump Temporarily Out of Action

Jun 4, 2012
Hi! I am in the process of replacing the motor in my pool pump. I thought i had all the parts i needed when i took it apart on Sunday but unfortunately one part that i was not expecting was not reusable and i needed to order a new part which i will not have until Thursday.
So right now the pool has not been running since Sunday and we have temperatures here in Charlotte in the 90's.

My question, should i raise the chlorine level to shock level to fight off any possible algae build up. Right now pool is clear but starting to get dirt in the bottom and algae just starting to appear. I'm a little nervous doing this in still water. Anybody any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks
Mike
PS Last time i posted contributors were extremely helpful - thank you

If I were you, I would add liquid chlorine (walking around the pool, pouring it around perimeter), then brush the walls of your pool. This will help the chlorine mix.

If you already can see algae, you will likely need to shock your pool..but cannot effectively do that until you have your pump working again.

Went through a busted pump and kept things clear for a week by adding chlorine and brushing the pool to mix it in. You can add enough to bring it to shock level and brush it well repeat daily and that should keep you about where you are now until the part comes. Don't add chlorine without brushing, that won't help much if it is not distributed throughout the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.