Green pool saga, mustard algae, ugh!

You do not need the sodium bicarb... that will just raise your TA which is fine.

Focus on the FC and staying at shock level.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

kco82 said:
Should I use "Safe Step" to increase the CH?

I don't know, what do the ingredients say? From Pool School:

CH - Calcium Hardness

Calcium hardness can be raised with calcium chloride or calcium chloride dihydrate. They are available in some areas as Peladow, Dowflake, Tetra Flake, or Tetra 94, often sold as a deicer by hardware stores, and some big box stores, in colder climates. Pool stores will carry either calcium chloride or calcium chloride dihydrate under a variety of names, including Hardness Plus, Balance Pak 300, Calcium Hardness Increaser, etc. Calcium products should be spread across the surface of the deep end of the pool.

I was able to find the Calcium Chloride through my local farm supply, I added a 50lb bag @ 6:00pm yesterday. Pool water is looking better, not perfect yet, but definitely better.

Our #s this morning

FC hard to tell exactly, somewhere between 20-25
CC - again, hard to tell, but it seems to match the 20-25 FC
pH 7.8
CH 220
TA 120

Our pool is still green-ish, water clarity is much better, I can see the bottom of the deep end! I will attach a photo, maybe that will help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.