Installing the liner

Jul 15, 2012
Toulon, Illinois
Tomorrow we will be installing the liner to our new pool. Its a used pool but brand new liner. My question is, do I need to open it up and let it sit in the sun tomorrow to warm up so that its easier to work with? My father in law advised me to do this but I'm wanting to make sure he is correct. Thanks for your help.

Depends what you call warm. A liner that is really hot is almost too pliable to be easy to work with. At this time of year I would think it would be plenty stretchy with just a small amount of time in the sun. If the pool is in the sun while you are installing it you should be fine, it will warm while you are juggling it. The tips on waiting to cut are a must. What size and shape is the pool? What kind of liner? (beaded, overlap...etc)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi SadieBailey, :)
Don't forget the other most important Snap-On tool, your TF-100 test kit from here:
http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html
Test you fill water first, then we can tell you what you need.
For sure you need powered Stabilizer/Conditioner/CYA, (get from Walmart or Home Depot)
Lots of bleach, buy 8 gals to start, (I got some liquid chlorine locally in 10%, 2) 2.5 gal carboys)
Get 1 gallon of muriatic acid to adjust pH and TA if it's too high.
Maybe 2 boxes of Borax if the pH is really low!

That will get you up and running for lots of fun before summer ends. :goodjob:

Chuck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.