Intex Patch Repair Tip: Magnets

MnHotRod

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 28, 2012
While setting up our pool yesterday, I put an inch of water into the pool and proceeded to pull the wrinkles out of the floor. On the first pull, my finger nail busted in half and punched a small hole into the floor. Noticed the leak a few minutes later. Went to the local Dolphin-world pool store, bought a Boxer 100 patch kit and formulated a plan to hold the patch on the vinyl. This may be overkill but it appears to work pretty slick. I took two magnets saved from a salvage microwave, cut out a piece of cardboard and duct taped the cardboard to each magnet. The card board and duct tape act as something forgiving between the magnets. After applying the patch to the vinyl, I sandwiched the magnets together to hold the patch in place. To do this by myself, I used a long piece of cardboard with tape to locate the magnet on the inside of the pool while I was on the outside of the pool with the other magnet. Once together you can align them better by pushing thru the vinyl.

If I had someone to help me, I suppose I could have used something flat, held by a second person outside while I rolled on the patch on the inside. It was just me so this worked pretty slick.

I like it as well, should also work for metal walled pools using one magnet on the inside. Computer harddrives have rare earth magnets in them that I've used in other applications and dead harddrives are easy to find.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.