Trying to use the pool calculator with a Biogard 1200v test

So we were given a test kit to use up, missing a couple things, and of course things are worded differently. We've always struggled with the Alkalinity, but according to this kit, it is so high I cannot find the end. Here's what I can get from it.

Kit reads at 0.5 residual chlorine and under, ph of 7.5-7.6, and the alkalinity is 200 + (stopped at 20 drops)
Last test strip we had did Acid, and that was in the normal range, but that was according to a test strip.

Doesn't look like I can use the Pool Calculator because of the FC test.

Bought 3 gallons of 12.5% chlorine from the pool store, didn't seem too bad for high % stuff at 4.20/gal, and our 2 closest walmarts suck and don't have anything.

Sand filter is on the way, water is a little on the cloudy side, so hopefully this will help clear things up.

The pool store just keeps throwing low and slo at us, but we don't seem to be able to bring the alkalinity down????

Re: Trying to use the pool calculator with a Biogard 1200v t

You shouldn't let FC get that low if you can help it. With CYA around 30 to 50 it shouldn't be difficult to maintain a reasonable FC level (unless you have algae).

Re: Trying to use the pool calculator with a Biogard 1200v t

Algae hasn't been an issue yet, pool is out in the open, full sun morning till night, so the chlorine disappears in an instant. I have been stuck with tabs, which we hit pretty heavy for a while. I think that's what helped bring my acid up finally if I'm reading everything on here correctly.

Gonna pick up some Muriatic acid from Menards tomorrow, $5/ gallon, beats the heck out of the lo and slo.

I'll give a good dose of chlorine tonight seeing how we have 100 degree weather tomorrow again. Been a crazy summer for Wisconsin.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.