Greets from Illinois

booyaa

Jul 11, 2012
Illinois
Hi TFP! First of all thanks for all the great info and hard work that has been done on the site to help us out.

I took the advice and got a TF-100 test kit, wow amazing turn around time two days I think!!

Here are my current readings:

FC = 4.5
CC = .05
TC = 5.0
TA = 160
CH = 170
PH = 7.4
CYA = 37

FC may be a little high but I'm coming off of a 15 ppm bleach shock yesterday morning. I can see I have some tweaking to do but water is crystal clear after 3 days from fill (city water was 8.5+ ph and it put my TA Off the charts, and it was very green). With the help of the pool school and some great posts I'm off to a good start, obviously, still have a lot of work to do... But at least the pool is open.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. :)

Thanks for the feedback duraleigh.

If I remember correctly... The water was pretty green after the five gallons of muriatic acid and the initial store bought pool shock. It wasn't until after I poured the 244oz of Chlorox into the pool and added the stabilizer that it cleared up.

Nice work on the test kits, takes the guess work out of pool maintenance.

I understand more now on the green water...Thanks.

While your TA is high, the only real reason to lower it is if you were constantly having to add acid to the pool. I would leave it alone for a while and, if your ph doesn't give you much hassle, simply ignore TA....it'll slowly reduce on it's own.

If your pH is rising annoyingly, then follow the procedure in pool school to lower TA by aeration and acid.

Thanks for the input duraleigh, will follow that direction. Thought I would share the photos of the pool...

Obviously have some yard work to do but, at least the pool is open and ready for the kids (and the parents). Thanks again for the great site and invaluable information.

Before:

After:

Thanks guys! Appreciate the welcoming and support. You are right about a good summer for a pool, only regret is I waited so long this year to pull the trigger.

Richard320, pictures are deceiving but that is a 900 square foot garage to the right of the pool. Pool house... never even thought of that, how nice would that be? I'm quite sure several of the members here are equipped with such a structure.

To answer the green to clean, I believe I it was 3 days :wink:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support