Refilling Liquidator

Txmat

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 18, 2010
San Antonio
OK, I am finally installing my Liquidator and have an operating question. When I get hooked up I want to give it a test run by putting in a gallon of bleach and running it for 24 hours. I assume it will fill up with water. When i get ready to fill it with bleach as I pour the bleach in how do I avoid the water overflowing?

Larry,

I don't think it is going to drain with the pump off, when your pump is lower than the pool water level. It will raise the float to exit to the pool, but won't go anywhere.
With the pump off you can add bleach until the water reached the top of the Liquidator, the next time the pump runs it will return to the normal operating level. You can also add bleach while the pump is running and it should stay near the normal operating level.

The inlet float regulates the incoming water supply to maintain the correct level. Too high and it closes to prevent overflow. The outlet float only allows chlorinated water to leave if the water is the correct level. Too low and it closes preventing it from draining the Liquidator and therefore resulting in a suction leak.

Martin

bibeaud has a good idea. Since I didn't have a valve on the inlet, I would use a light weight bungee cord to hold the inlet float closed until the level went down enough to add bleach to it. If i were in a hurry I'd also open the flow valve all the way. It added a couple ppm FC to the pool but that's all.

I let the tank liquid level drop with my infeed valve closed and then pump in the liquid chlorine directly into the black funnel. Do not fill over the level of the plastic snaps that hold the funnel in place because they let water/chlorine leak out of the tank.

Thanks!
David
Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.