Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Refilling Liquidator

1. Back To Top    #1

Refilling Liquidator

OK, I am finally installing my Liquidator and have an operating question. When I get hooked up I want to give it a test run by putting in a gallon of bleach and running it for 24 hours. I assume it will fill up with water. When i get ready to fill it with bleach as I pour the bleach in how do I avoid the water overflowing?
    Larry in Texas

Above ground 7,700 gallons, 19 inch sand filter ( 2 sq. ft.), Liquidator, and a WaterWay Hi-Flo Pump with an A.O. Smith 1 hp SF 1.0 motor.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Refilling Liquidator

I keep mine at a pretty constant level, turn off pump, let it drain down and add a couple of gallons then repeat. One gallon may not give you a proper level.I think the manual says to add when it gets 1-2 inches from bottom but I'm not certain. I keep mine approx. 3/4 full most of the time.
    21000 Gallons I/G,,Vinyl,, 1.5 H.P. Hayward Pump,, Hayward Sand Filter S244T.. Liquidator.

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes the manual states refilling when it gets to two inches, so I will start with a little more than 2". So when the pump is off it will drain?
    Larry in Texas

Above ground 7,700 gallons, 19 inch sand filter ( 2 sq. ft.), Liquidator, and a WaterWay Hi-Flo Pump with an A.O. Smith 1 hp SF 1.0 motor.

4. Back To Top    #4

Since I installed a Hayward Needle valve to regulate the flow, I use the light blue handle valve on the infeed side of my liquidator to shut off the water flow when I want to add chlorine to the tank.
    11,000 Gal Trilogy "Utopia" Fiberglass Pool, 1HP Jandy Pump, Jandy CS200 Cartridge Filter, Raypak 199k BTU Heater, Liquidator, CMP Off-Line Chlorinator. Cleaners: Polaris 360, Blue Diamond, Poolvernuegen Pressure

5. Back To Top    #5

Larry,

I don't think it is going to drain with the pump off, when your pump is lower than the pool water level. It will raise the float to exit to the pool, but won't go anywhere.
    With the pump off you can add bleach until the water reached the top of the Liquidator, the next time the pump runs it will return to the normal operating level. You can also add bleach while the pump is running and it should stay near the normal operating level.

The inlet float regulates the incoming water supply to maintain the correct level. Too high and it closes to prevent overflow. The outlet float only allows chlorinated water to leave if the water is the correct level. Too low and it closes preventing it from draining the Liquidator and therefore resulting in a suction leak.

Martin
    22k gal, gunite, Pebblesheen, fountain/waterfall, no spa, Quad 100DE, Easytouch4, Pentair VS3050, Polaris 280, TFP-100 kit, Stenner pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Thinks, Martin. I understand now.
    Larry in Texas

7. Back To Top    #7

bibeaud has a good idea. Since I didn't have a valve on the inlet, I would use a light weight bungee cord to hold the inlet float closed until the level went down enough to add bleach to it. If i were in a hurry I'd also open the flow valve all the way. It added a couple ppm FC to the pool but that's all.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks Dave. I thought the valve was a good idea too, but I do not have an extra one. I do have the bungee cord. Did you let the water rise above the in float when you were pouring the bleach in?
    Larry in Texas

9. Back To Top    #9

I let the tank liquid level drop with my infeed valve closed and then pump in the liquid chlorine directly into the black funnel. Do not fill over the level of the plastic snaps that hold the funnel in place because they let water/chlorine leak out of the tank.

Thanks!
    David
    Sent from my iPhone using
    Tapatalk
    11,000 Gal Trilogy "Utopia" Fiberglass Pool, 1HP Jandy Pump, Jandy CS200 Cartridge Filter, Raypak 199k BTU Heater, Liquidator, CMP Off-Line Chlorinator. Cleaners: Polaris 360, Blue Diamond, Poolvernuegen Pressure

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks David.
    Larry in Texas