I'm still learning the ins and outs of maintaining a pool and I told a friend that my pool was clear but that I can't get the chlorine level over 2. I started seeing a little algae where the MX8 doesn't get to (steps). My friend said there shouldn't be any algae and something is wrong. He sent me a link to a thread explaining how to shock your pool. So, off I went yesterday to begin the process.
First off my pool is between 10,000 and 11,000 gallons and the CC level was between 0 and .5. I put in 2 large jugs of Clorox in the pool at 1 pm yesterday and afterwards the FC was 19 (38 drops/2). I just checked the FC a few minutes ago, 5 pm (28 hours later) and it was between .5 and 1. It barely turned pink when chemicals were added for the test. Is that even possible? I just put in 2 more jugs. This doesn't seem right to me. The CYA is around 40.
I was told to maintain this until CC is 0, but it's already 0. The little algae I had yesterday is gone.
Will I continue to need 2 large jugs of chlorine everyday or will the need slow down? Thanks for any help!