Finding an oval liner installer

Onslow

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2010
Kentucky
I (in Central Kentucky) have been told there is no one within 200 miles that will install a replacement liner for me because the pool is oval. I asked what it was about "oval" that was so terrible and he said something about trouble of installing without wrinkles or other deformities I guess.

This sounds rather fishy but there's not a lot of options around here other than the nearest big city (Lexington) where the prices for other things are typically jacked up for pool parts and services.

Just wondering if anyone knows if oval are really all that bad and if so where I can look for an installer. I'm not sure of how the liner is connected but it appears to be curved up and over about an inch from the very top.

Thanks folks!

We installed ours with the help of family members. Yea, it has some wrinkles, but for the price of labor (free) I can live with that. :party:

Our liner is going on 5 years and is starting to show some wear, but considering we were complete novices and we had no idea of how to actually take care of it except through trial and error I don't feel so bad.

In a few years we will have to replace our liner, and again we will do it ourselves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.