Almost the same problem as everyone else...almost.......

Chelle

May 12, 2011
South West, MO
I am returning to this site because you all helped me so much last year with my mess. Although I never really obtained a super healthy pool, I did get a good education and approached this year with confidence. I opened the pool on May 15 with a brand new vinyl liner and new water (of course). I maintained FC 5 and PH 7.5 very easily everyday using less than 2 cups of bleach per day. I though I had it all figured out.....then it rained mud!!
The pool clouded. I tested..everything was fine but it was ugly. I added clarifier. ( The kind from Walmart, it worked for me last year). Then the water turned light green. ( I could still see the drain but it is a definite shade of green. Uh oh! I immediately went to shocking. I brought the FC to 25 and held for 48 hours. It held fine. No loss and no CC. The "algae" seems to sink to the bottom and lays there in lines (looks like dirt). So I brush it and stir it all up and back wash the filter. I mean I am really on top of it...but no results. It is the same pattern and the FC is still holding even all through bright sunlight today! Any ideas? BTW, I did vacuum the "lines" up twice as well as the in between brushings.
Current test today:
PH 7.5
CYA 70
FC 25
CC 0
TA 120

I do use a Taylor test kit which i purchased last year and my "R" agents are new this year. Please disregard the 27400 gal. in my signature as I have been officially informed it is 22500 gal.

Maybe I just need patience but I thought you all might have a helpful hint or see something I am missing!
Thanks,
Chelle

Richard320 said:
Sounds like it's dead but you can't get rid of the body. It might be too fine for your sand filter. You could try adding some DE or fiberclear and hope that can catch it.

Thanks Richard. I ordered a 2lb. bag of DE from Amazon...3-5 days to get here.. :cry:
I do not have a sock on my skimmer, either.
Today I will add a sock and I think I will try vacuuming to waste (unless I shouldn't????)

Chelle

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.