Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: trying to help a friend

1. Back To Top    #1

NE OK

trying to help a friend

I have been following the BBB method for my pool this year and it has been working great! My friend has a Summer Escape 15x42 pool (one of those blue ones with the inflated rim). Holds approximately 3200 gallons of water. The water is not clear and she needs some advice. I will be getting a water sample from her later this evening so I can tell her what to do. To my knowledge she has been adding bleach and putting chlorine tablets in the skimmer. I was wondering on a pool that size do I need to tell her to add CYA? Can the BBB method work for those pools? I am sure it needs a good shocking but just wasn't sure about the CYA and if all works the same with these pools?
    25,000 gallon
    filter size is 26 diameter
    flow rate 70 GPM
    AG Pool (33ft.) was newly installed in spring 2011

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: trying to help a friend

Exactly the same chemistry. Be sure to enter the correct size in the pool calculator so you don't overdose it!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Antelope, CA

Re: trying to help a friend

I would treat her pool like it were your pool... except , if the CYA is high, I would simply do a dump and fill unless the fill water is not acceptable.

I am going to guess the CYA is through the roof if she has been using pucks and bags.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100