Intex Ultra 16x48 Leveling question

Jul 16, 2012
WE set up our pool this weekend. I checked the level on every bar around the top. And leveled all the legs in both directions side to side and back and forth. We have about half the water in it and one side has sunken a little. It is about 3/4 to 1 inch unlevel. Is there some tloerence on how far out of level it can be before it is unsafe? Should I be concerned or can I fill it the rest of the way?

If you used fill dirt in the area near where the pole sank, you are likely to have increasingly worse issues. The pool area needs to be level, undisturbed dirt. If you dug dirt from one side of the pool and built the other side up (also known as cut and fill) it will continue to sink and it could cause damage to your poles or liner.

Especially if one whole side of the pool has sunk. It's going to continue to sink as you put water in it. Water is very heavy.

A whole side 1" low right now will likely be 3" low when full, or tomorrow... And then you risk your pool just falling over and flooding you out. While it may seem like a lot of work to drain it and re-level it, it's not something you want to risk. Once the kids get in and start splashing about, you'll see it wobble and spend the whole time freaking out about whether or not it's going to fail instead of enjoying it.

Got a pic?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.