Hayward Chlorinator

ohajoh22 said:
I'm going to see if I can return the DPD kit, and if so, I will order the FAS-DPD kit.

Great idea. Once you get the swing of this, you will see why we do it here. It is so much easier to manage your pool with the simple, almost-single ingredient items that mainly effect one thing. You will learn to takes actions supported by fact based tests, not because the kid at the P$ said the computer said you need it.

If you can not return it (which is likely), you can order just the FAS-DPD test and add it to your kit giving you the equivalent of the k2006.

Go to tftestkits.net

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

I hope I can return it, I clearly asked for FAS-DPD kit, and was told that yes this was it. I have given up with this pool store and plan on following all guidlines here. Thanks to all for your advice.

From reports here, either the pool store employees
1. genuinely have no idea what the FAS-DPD test is OR
2. they think you are to dumb to know what you are asking for and must have meant the DPD test ... because no one is crazy enough to actually need the FAS-DPD ... after all why do you need a kit in the first place when we do free testing here using strips :hammer:

I did notice a bunch of white / tan clumps of powder on the pool floor, which I assume was the undissolved powder shock from the previous night?? Why wouldn't it all dissolve??? This am after brushing them up last night, there was noticeably less, but they were more brown in color?? Is this a new problem???

I look algae this way..Chlorine to kill, Filter to clear.

Nothing will make a pool clear and sparkly except the filter and pump. The Chlorine is used the kill the bad stuff and sanitize the water. The other chemicals are there to protect the people, pool, equipment and enable to CL to do it's job.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.