Corner cove under liner

Glock

Jun 3, 2012
Mesquite, Texas
When my pool was installed it appears one piece of the corner cove moved about a foot away from the wall. The whole thing is a foot away, not just one end. Its almost like it was left there by mistake. I called my PB and they are sending the installer back out. Should I mess with this? It is on a seam of the liner and I fear people will walk on it and wear it out simply because it is there. But, I dread the thought of draining my pool that much. I did not notice it until it was already full and I got in the pool.

Would you worry about this? I will try to get a pic of it today. The water is clear enough and you can see it.

If it was an extra section and a piece of cove was still against the wall I might leave it alone. However, if there is no piece of cove against the wall I'd drfinitely fix it. No cove against the wall is asking for trouble.

Just speculation but seems unlikely that the cove would be that far from the wall without being noticed.....err.....umm, I have a friend, ya a friend, that part way thru filling up his pool came out in the morning and noticed something resembling one of the j-groove bars under the liner, I.....I mean my friend, had to drain the pool mostly dry, unhook one section of rails and liner and wiggle in an open spot and try to get at it to slowly pull it out.

Man, that sucked......or so my friend told me.... :oops:

Either way, it needs to be removed if it was accidentally left their or fixed if the cove has seperated, the cove has to be seated properly. If it was accidentally left and is near the edge you'll have to drain 98% of the water, remove some of the liner and get someone in the opening to reach under the liner and slowly pull it out. Not really that big of a deal other than removing and refilling water, tell the guy you expect him to refill the water via a water service so your not waiting three days to fill on your dime.

cramar said:
Just speculation but seems unlikely that the cove would be that far from the wall without being noticed.....err.....umm, I have a friend, ya a friend, that part way thru filling up his pool came out in the morning and noticed something resembling one of the j-groove bars under the liner, I.....I mean my friend, had to drain the pool mostly dry, unhook one section of rails and liner and wiggle in an open spot and try to get at it to slowly pull it out.

Man, that sucked......or so my friend told me.... :oops:

Either way, it needs to be removed if it was accidentally left their or fixed if the cove has seperated, the cove has to be seated properly. If it was accidentally left and is near the edge you'll have to drain 98% of the water, remove some of the liner and get someone in the opening to reach under the liner and slowly pull it out. Not really that big of a deal other than removing and refilling water, tell the guy you expect him to refill the water via a water service so your not waiting three days to fill on your dime.

lol. I wonder who this friend might be. Pretty close friend for sure. :lol:

The PB seems to think its a big deal as well so it looks like we might be refilling. I am going to have them bring a couple of temp pools and salvage as much water as they can.

I am going to guess, the PB should be able to drain the water, remove the top seat of about 3 sections, peel back the liner, reach down and grab the cove piece and re-seat the liner, and replace the tops and fill it back up. No damage, just lots of little tasks/steps with significant waiting time.

I had a rock I had to fish out like this when I put a new liner in this year.

Glock said:
Pool guy called me back. He said it must be fixed. Looks like I am about to be without a pool for a few days. Waiting to see what his plan of action is going to be.

Good, they are stepping up to fix it. It will suck to be without it but at least if will be done right

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Agreed. They are going to fix another issue I just found. Doughboy pools have the vacuum port under the skimmer. When I hook mine up it sucks in enough air from somewhere that it runs the pump dry. But no water leaks. When in skimmer mode it runs just fine. Not sure what is up with that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.