Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CC at zero but FC at 11

1. Back To Top    #1

CC at zero but FC at 11

13,500 gallon above ground over. TC-100 test kit. I am getting a 11 FC reading and a CC of zero with a CYA of 40. Any ideas?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CC at zero but FC at 11

What does the water look like?

An FC of 11 with a 40CYA is higher than normal but less than shock.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

CC of zero is always a good thing. If your water is presently clear, your only issue is that you are over-chlorinating a bit. It is below shock level, so OK to swim if the water is clear.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

4. Back To Top    #4

Pool is a little cloudy but turning clear. I just vacuumed to waste and removed a good amount of "dust" from the bottom. I misunderstood I thought so CC was good. Awesome thanx all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by bckcx2
    Pool is a little cloudy but turning clear. I just vacuumed to waste and removed a good amount of "dust" from the bottom. I misunderstood I thought so CC was good. Awesome thanx all!

If your water heads back toward the cloudy side, you may need to take it up to shock level and go through the shocking process. Click on Pool School link at the top of every page. Do not stop the shock process until:

Pass an OCLT
    CC less than .5
    Water Clear
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

6. Back To Top    #6

Will do thanks Elwood