Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Added borates - passed the ultimate test

1. Back To Top    #1

Added borates - passed the ultimate test

I added borates (20 Mule Team) and MA this Friday to my ~35K gallon gunite pool. I pulled the Nature2 cartridge and added all the stuff per the directions here.

Swam with my family for about 4 hours yesterday.
    Both my 10 year old daughter and my wife said the water smelled much better (like laundry) and their hair and skin felt better after getting out.
    Then the ultimate happened. My wife, on her own, with no prodding from me whatsoever, asked if I did something to make the water more sparkly and clear. She said it looked the best it ever has.

Borates were a success for me and I wholeheartedly recommend them!!! Well worth the effort.
    40K Gallon gunite chlorine diving pool with spa, Blue Granite finish
    Jandy Watercolors LED lights (2 pool, 1 spa)
    Jandy equipment with RS8 controller
    Borates added in the form of Borax and Acid.
    Prosper Texas

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Added borates - passed the ultimate test

TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Sun City West Arizona (2nd Home)

Re: Added borates - passed the ultimate test

Excellent results. My parents added Borates to their pool a few weeks ago, and are also very happy. In reading up on Borax Crystals, and their uses, it said they are used in glass manufacturing to improve the visual clarity of the glass. Seems to work the same way in our pools.
    14100 Gal IG MiniPebble, Pentair Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Sand Filter, Pop Up Cleaning, Intelliflo VS Pump, Aquacal Heatpump/Chiller, 1/4 Acre Desert Landscaped, Lots of Deck. Built in 1984, updated in 2012 and 2014
    "If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"