White flakes - what are they?

May 28, 2012
Could someone please tell me what they these white flakes are. They are mostly in the spa (separated by valve actuators) but some flakes can be found in main pool as well. They are not slimy, they are brittle and break when touched.

Attachments

• IMG_0444.jpg
    IMG_0444.jpg
    469.7 KB · Views: 87
well that would make sense - when we moved into the house the SWG had been unplugged for who knows how long. Perhaps these were building up inside the cell?
I've been working on getting all levels balanced again - I'll post a new complete test later today.

Ewok500 said:
well that would make sense - when we moved into the house the SWG had been unplugged for who knows how long. Perhaps these were building up inside the cell?
I've been working on getting all levels balanced again - I'll post a new complete test later today.

This could be buildup exiting the SWG, and it could also be a combination of water chemistry leading to calcium scaling. That full set of test results will be important info for us to help further.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.