Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Easytouch 8 - "Pool Err"

1. Back To Top    #1

Easytouch 8 - "Pool Err"

It seems something has happened to my pool temp sensor. The easytouch control panel reads pool temp as 107 - (it's closer to 80) and I've seen it flash up "Pool Err" where the temperature should be once or twice.

Can anyone suggest some tests to perform or ways to reset the system in order to confirm I need to buy a new temp sensor?
    12,000G, Cartridge, IG-Plaster, Pentair easytouch 8, Intelliflo VS 3050, Intellichlor IC40, Safe-T 3 cover-pool

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: Easytouch 8 - "Pool Err"

Change the sensor.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Ashford, CT

Re: Easytouch 8 - "Pool Err"

I just had the same and replaced the sensor. When I removed the sensor it was cracked from pressure from the return.

I got a Hayward replacement and the sensor was shorter and a little fatter. Drilled out and installed and now think its stronger
    than the Pentair unit.
    25k 20x40 Gunite w/ integrated Spa & Caribbean Blue Plaster, Curved Bluestone Coping, Deck Jets
    Pentair Easy Touch/Wireless, Sta-Rite Intellipro SRVS Pump, Intellibrite Lights, & Pentair IC40 Cell, Sta-Rite 450sf Cartridge filter
    Heated from Central Boiler - Outdoor Wood Furnace & Triangle Tube Max Heat Exchanger
    ColorQ Pro