been a month since I have thrown in a bag of "shock" and used nothing but liquid chlorine. and I have to say I have NEVER seen a more clear pool ever. (once I got the Iron under control) however I am running a never ending battle with my PH and TA. as it comes out of the wall with a TA of 200 and PH of nearly 8 so I just keep hitting it with acid to try and get it down to 7.4-7.6 area. ANYWAYS it rained nearly 10 cm here today or 4 inches for you backwards Americans. (join the rest of the world) and my PH went up from 7.6 to over 8... so I tested the rain water. which happend to be 7.0-7.2... so I thought maybe the rain caused the water aerate? and raise the PH? it just made me angry I am tired of buying acid nearly every week!!! ARGH
And no I do not have a good test kit yet. funds are VERY LOW as my wife is expecting baby number 4 end of this month. but over the winter I plan on ordering my taylor kit. but being canukcistan it will cost me an arm and a leg.
or maybe my first born.