Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fountain Head: What spray pattern did you use?

1. Back To Top    #1

Fountain Head: What spray pattern did you use?

Hi all,
    We are building a fountain for our Intex Ultra Frame 9 X 18 rectangular pool. So far we have the PVC tubing connected to the return hose with a ball valve.
    We are getting ready to drill the holes for the fountain in the two PVC tubes. I was thinking of using 1/8 holes. I've read in other posts that is a good size.

What kind of pattern did you all use for the spray? We were thinking of a zig zag pattern of 1/8 holes spaced about an inch apart. Each tube is about 14 inches long. I will post pics in another post (I have to upload them from my phone).

All ideas are welcomed!

Stay cool,

Liz and Dave
    Northern California Inground pool 20' by 40'
    Diamond Brite Quartz Medium Grey Plaster - Islands Sapphire Breeze Tile Border
    Jules Bright Cobalt Blue Blend Tile Bench fountain sheer waterfall descent
    Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump - Pentair CLean & CLear PLus Cartridge Filter - Kreepy Krauly Legend - mTF-100 Test Kit - Swimmers: Twins (Boy/Girl) 14 yrs old

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fountain Head: What spray pattern did you use?

Here are the pics. We used 1 1\2 PVC. Used a 3 way valve to redirect water from return to fountain. Built a tee with 14 inch capped PVC tubes for spray.

Northern California 9 X 18 Intex Ultra Frame Pool (mint in the box), 1 hp Hayward C-400 pump & cartridge filter Twins (Boy/Girl) 10 yrs old
    Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump - Pentair CLean & CLear PLus Cartridge Filter - Kreepy Krauly Legend - mTF-100 Test Kit - Swimmers: Twins (Boy/Girl) 14 yrs old

3. Back To Top    #3

This looks exactly like what I want to do in my backyard. Do you have anymore pictures I can see. What is the foundation under your ground cover? Is that foam? And under the pool frame? 1x8s?

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi,
    Here is the link to our pool build. We used the 8 x 4 foam boards, one inch thick.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/9-x-1...ld-t47898.html

Here's the link on putting in the skimmer, if you are interested...
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/insta...ed-t49225.html

Cheers,
    Liz & Dave

5. Back To Top    #5

We finally have a working fountain!
    Its pretty coo!
    We have a gate valve on the closest return so We can adjust the flow.
    We got a bit creative with the drill and used 2 different size bits, 1/8 & 1/16.
    We used cable ties to hold the fountain in place. Working ok for now.
    Here are some pics.

Kid next door said "your pool so ain't boring any more with the fountain!" Grand praise indeed!
    Cheers,
    Liz

Northern California 9 X 18 Intex Ultra Frame Pool (mint in the boxw), 1 hp Hayward C-400 pump & cartridge filter Twins (Boy/Girl) 10 yrs old

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks like sooo much fun!
    24,000 20x42 double roman end in ground pool being built. Start date june13, 2012.
    Finished July 4th, 2012, sports pool, vinyl,SWG, DE filter, fountains. Heat pump,
    First Pool Ever!