Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rookie pool owner needs HELP!

1. Back To Top    #1

Rookie pool owner needs HELP!

The picture below is our new pool, I am trying to find out who the manufacturer of this pool is. The previous owner was unsure. Can anyone help me out?[attachment=0:3bv4s2xc]IMG955823.jpg[/attachment:3bv4s2xc]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    21 foot by 4 foot AGP, Jacuzzi Laser 192 sand filter, Hayward 1 HP pump, approx. 9100 gallons, install 7/15-7/17/2012

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rookie pool owner needs HELP!

I don't know but if you add some close-up photos of the grey risers, top rails and the covers between them.

Is there any specific reason you need to know this? parts?

It looks like you liner is damaged? If you have the diameter of the pool, the wall height and if the floor is flat or deep in certain areas, you can replace it without knowing the maker of the pool.

Liners come in three styles, Overlap with plastic coping strips, Beaded with a plastic or metal receiver track, or a j-hook liner where there is a hook molded into the top edge. Overlaps can be used to make deep areas but do not have a design like tiles at the top of the wall. Beaded and J-hook liners can have designs like tile near the top of the wall and come in sizes defined by the wall height with flat bottoms.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

This picture was taken while the previous owner had it. The pool is currently sitting in pieces in our yard. I was wanting to know manufacturer just so I will know for future reference. Yes the liner was damaged, its the overlap style and I'm going this morning to purchase a new one. It came with a jacuzzi brand sand filter, I noticed last night that the pressure gauge needle was sitting at 30, the filter isn't hooked up to anything. I'm assuming I need to purchase a new pressure gauge...right? We are still working on leveling our yard, going to try to use a tiller today to help the leveling process along.
    21 foot by 4 foot AGP, Jacuzzi Laser 192 sand filter, Hayward 1 HP pump, approx. 9100 gallons, install 7/15-7/17/2012

4. Back To Top    #4

Do not till! You will disturb the dirt and made very inconsistent settling. You WANT packed level that is level. You can use a sod utter to remove grass and layers if dirt. I had a tractor guy come in and level my yard. Find the lowest point and dig down to it. A cut and fill will also settle incorrectly .
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

We have found lowest point and we are digging down. Only using tiller on dirt that will be removed. Very solid base in area we already did.

6. Back To Top    #6

Sorry to be an alarmist. Others have tried to till and level their pool area. The fill dirt settles in an inconsistent manner and you get a lumpy pool base and walls and risers that sink.

Are there any markings or letters on any of the stamps parts?
    -- Guy --

7. Back To Top    #7

Using a tiller is fine as long as you remove all the earth loosened by it. In fact a tiller is a good tool for removing earth.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Got all the earth moved, leveled and sand added. Got the walls up just before dark, hoping and praying that we dont end up with a lot of wind tonight. Putting the liner in tomorrow evening. Anyone have any advice on liner installation?

9. Back To Top    #9

Get a shop vac and some friends. You can suck the liner to the shape of the pool and get all the wrinkles out before the first drop of water goes in by using a shop vac.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

The pool IS still standing, now if it will just keep hanging in there until this evening when we put the liner in...this is a slow process when you only have help in the evenings to work on it.

11. Back To Top    #11

Did you find any markings on any of the pieces that would help identify the pool? I think the Esther Williams and Johnny Weissmuller along with Doughboy are some of the oldest brands and several of them had the wood grain prints.

How is the liner attached to this pool?
    -- Guy --

12. Back To Top    #12

Not yet. The liner is held on with couping strips.

13. Back To Top    #13

In truth... i probably doesn't matter who made the pool unless you need parts for the pool. The liner is new..almost.

The pump and filter are the items to know about.
    -- Guy --

14. Back To Top    #14

Thanks techguy, I guess I wont worry about it for now. I know my pump and filter. Liner is brand new and fits so I guess my mystery is solved for this topic. next is chemicals lol Thanks again everyone

15. Back To Top    #15

Congratulations... I posted in the other thread also. I see you updated your signature... good job. Now it's easier to find it.
    -- Guy --

16. Back To Top    #16

Just noticed you sig has your pool listed as 11200 gallons. It should be 9100 gallons per poolcalculator.com and dimensions of 21' X 3.5'...The wall is 4 ft, but the water depth will be ~3.5 feet...unless you dug a deep end.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.