getting flock out of your pool

Jul 15, 2012
Hello,first post.i really dont have alot of information i apologize.

Its a AG pool,sand filter ,24 foot round pool.

The water is crystal clean..but this flock stuff...when we go to vaccume it,it just seems to run from the vaccume,or disperse all over the pool.

Is the only way to get this stuff out,fill pool,vaccume(bypass to waste)then repeat,repeatnuntill its eventually gone?

The stuff cleared up the pool..but we cant get it out.

I know i need test results.but unfortunatly this week is hectic.plusnthe water is crystal clear(when filter is off and the flock has laid itself to rest at the bottom of the pool)

Just wondering if thats pretty much how and the only way to get this stuff out.

Sorry for the lack of info..test results and such.

Appreciate any help.

Regards.

Welcome to TFP!

The trick is to move the vacuum really really slowly so it doesn't create any currents near the bottom. Depending on how much current your return creates you probably will also need to do that while vacuuming to waste, though there is a chance that just regular vacuuming will work.

When we filter via means of water returning into pool,we can see the sludge coming right back into the pool,could this mean possible filter issue?

It appears flock doesnt get cleaned/taken out through our filter at all.

Thank you for your reply,and again sorry for my lack of knowledge,last year we just super shocked it and it was fine all year long.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.