Since yesterday morning I've been shocking my pool and taking readings approximately every 4-5 hours. I've gone through 8 - 182 oz bleach bottles and 64 oz of liquid chlorine. I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel but wanted some feedback. I performed the OCLT last night and had a measurement of FC at 36 ppm around 11 pm. I woke up at 5 am to retest and my FC was 25 ppm, meaning I've lost 11 ppm in 6 hours overnight! However, I added another bottle of 182 oz bleach at 5 am this morning that should have added about 9 ppm to my FC. I retested again at 11 am and my FC was 27 ppm which means it dropped only 7 ppm in about 6 hours of sunlight. I think that is a positive sign and I may have killed off whatever was living in the pool, I just need another OCLT to confirm.
My question is, would it be alright to drop below shock levels this afternoon to swim? It's quite hot here in AZ, the water is in the 80's because I just refilled it 36 hours ago, and the water looks sparkling clean and inviting! I can kick it back up to shock levels tonight for OCLT if need be.
Thank you again for your help! I plan on supporting this site soon! It's already provided much more information than 2.5 years at the pool store yielded