High Salt High Amp Chlorinator Off

Jul 13, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Good afternoon! I am working on getting up to speed on a pool in a home I just bought. There is a T-15 Salt cell connected to a hayward system. The aquapod is saying high salt/high amps, chlorinator off. The diagnostics is showing 2700 ppm salt (not high) and a salt test strip showed something closer to 500. A local pool guy suggested that the mother board must be replaced. I did see posts on here regarding a relay, solder problem. But I am also wondering about the discrepancy in the salt reading between the test strips and the system itself. Does that potentially speak to a problem within the cell itself? Prior pool guy said he just cleaned it, but I'm not entirely sure what that would entail. Amps in the diagnostic menu reading 10 amps, and the volts were around 48-50 (going by memory here).

At least the rest of the water chemistry seems good! (have been using bleach given that the chlorinator is not remaining on, auto-turning-off)

Check the diagnostic sequence to see if the control unit is properly configured to know it has the T-15 cell. If it somehow got set to one of the other cell types it could do what you describe. The sequence when you press the diagnostic button is water temperature, voltage, current, percentage, salt level, product code, software version, cell type.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.