Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Does Liquidator over-chlorinate when in spa mode?

1. Back To Top    #1

Does Liquidator over-chlorinate when in spa mode?

My pool is being built (my first pool, so all I know about water chem is what I have learned from this board). Anyway, I was thinking that when I switch over to spa mode, the liquidator would quickly ramp the FC up to > 20 PPM in 1 hour unless I adjust the flow every time I go to spa mode. Does that make sense? My spa is 900 GAL and my pool is 19000 GAL. Seems like I'm pumping the same chlorine into only 5% of the volume of water. I think it would defeat the purpose of having auto SPA switch over controls if I have to always adjust the Liquidator flow. Thanks for your help!
    19000 Gallon Free From Gunite with Pebble Sheen Finish, attached 900 Gallon Raised spa with overflow.
    60SF DE Filter, 2HP Jandy Variable Speed Pump, Jandy 1.5HP pump for waterfalls, Polaris 380, Glacier Chiller GPC-210, Jandy 400K BTU Heater, Liquidator, Estimated Completion date Aug 27, 2012.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Does Liquidator over-chlorinate when in spa mode?

It will be over chlorinating the spa when in spa mode, but it won't over chlorinate nearly as fast as you might think. When it's in spillover mode it won't over chlorinate it at all.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit