Any botanists in the house? I don't mind being a pool ignoramus, so why not show my true colors? LOL! The reason I wonder about this is I try very hard to conserve water at our house. Anytime someone leaves a portion of drinking water unused, for example, I throw it on a potted plant, rather than down the drain. And now that I am testing pool water each day, I find myself debating what to do with the excess pool water I carried in. House plants can obviously handle some chlorine, as those on city water have no choice, but how much? Or could the CYA be harmful? My pool water runs about 3-6 ppm chlorine, and the bleach, stabilizer, and muratic acid are the only things I've added. Would it hurt my plants? By the way, all of my house plants, should this post alone not tell you, are in the hard-to-kill category. and yes, I know I could walk myself back out there and dump it back in the pool, but I'm lazy!
Sent from my iPhone