Help Identifying pool parts and good place to buy

danaz

Jul 28, 2010
Hi all,

BBB method has been working fine for me for couple of months now but been hit with a couple of other problems this weekend and need to find the best supplier for these parts...

Was trying to do a backwash after recent sandstorm and the backwash valve handle snapped off so i need to verify the part i need then replace it. The filter is a Pentair TRITON TR140 and i think the right part is pentair 273089 to fit pentair 261165 slide valve, but i don't know how to be sure. Have shown some pics below.

The backwash valve has also been very stiff lately and the worn off sticker on the pipe says it needs to be lubricated XXXX times a year. This might have led to it snapping, but i suspect the heat has weakened the plastic and/or is causing elements in the valve to shrink/expand. But what kind of lubricant would i use for this? Do i just remove the cover, pour in the lubricant and let it seep into the valve?

The other problem i have is the hayward pool vac has lost all the ball bearings on one of the a-frame wheels. I think the correct part is AXV621D but $30 seems so much when i just need a few ball bearings to seat the wheel back on the frame. Anyone every just replaced the bearings?

Thanks for any help!

3465gd1.jpg

ip44uc.jpg

f2inmu.jpg

mkj044.jpg

That should be the correct part # for the handle. Just a thought. With the handle being $10-12, you could spend $65-70 and get the entire valve. Just a thought, since you mentioned you were having difficulty moving the valve.

MFG#AXV621D is a kit that has: A-Frames, Screws, Washers?, Saddle, Keeper, Bushings. List price on this kit is $53.73 Just saw one on eBay for $24.90 shipped.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.