opinions

wyntyrose

LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2012
Phenix City, AL
So we have owned our home/pool for two weeks. Today while I was vacuuming I noticed a bulge in the side of the pool. Checking it out I can feel hard circular plastic "thing" behind the vinyl. the shape and feel is similar to the round jets on the opposite sides of the pool. this is near the skimmer. The pool has a new liner and other work prior to the house being put on the market. My question is since obviously the installers messed up are we covered to have them come out and look/repair this. And advice would be great.
thanks

It sounds like they covered up some connection, possibly a port for plugging in a pressure side cleaner or perhaps another return. Whatever it is, they shouldn't have just put the vinyl on top of it. If it is an extra port of some kind they should have removed the retaining ring, and put the liner underneath the retaining ring without cutting out the hole.

Fixing it will take some doing. They may, or may not, not want to deal with it. It is certainly worth a try to get it fixed, but you probably won't have much leverage if they don't want to do it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.