Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Langelier Saturation Index

1. Back To Top    #1

Langelier Saturation Index

Off topic and overly technical side conversation split from this topic. JasonLion

Quote Originally Posted by joenypd
    sounds like you might have a scale problem. That calcium reading is very high so is the TA, CSI is probably high and I suspect it might be your well water
    This reading might be able to help you out if it is you WELL WATER that is giving you all the trouble. High Langelier Indexes can be lowered area, I think might be ultilized in you situation.

Copyrighted material used without permission has been removed. JasonLion
    12x21 AG-semi-inground about 7200 gal, Cart filter,1.5 hp pump installed May 2012
    TF-100/BBB

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TF100 Arrived!!!! help! 7/2 CLOUDY AGAIN :(

If its not the calcium saturation levels and it is iron or other metals, and that is a very good possiblity. Then your best bet would be to drain the pool and have it filled with a pool water truck. It will more difficult and more expensive to try to filter the anount of water you need to fill your pool......We all wish every problem was just algae and the improper handling of common pool chemicals, but sometimes you have a REAL pain in the *** problem and I think yours is one of thoughs. Again don't take any of this to heart until you get professional on site advice. But I think you are well past chlorine tests. Pools aren't really this hard to maintain as the folks on this site have shown us, you just have one of those more difficult problems.
    12x21 AG-semi-inground about 7200 gal, Cart filter,1.5 hp pump installed May 2012
    TF-100/BBB

3. Back To Top    #3

@joenypd

FYI, the poolcalculator.com calculates the Calcite Saturation Index (CSI) which is more accurate than the LSI.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

yes, linen, just thought she could read the whole article thought it was interesting and help explain the saturation process. Thats why I pointed out in the begining what I thought was most helpful for her was the part in the article where it outline the the process on how to lower it. Lowering the saturation is lowering, doesn't matter which index was used to measure.
    TF-100/BBB