My algea came back less than a month after the last time I shocked the pool. The FC never went below 5.5.
I think I will just keep the FC around 7 unless someone else has a better idea.
There may be some circulation problem. It is an oval pool, but the main drain has been sealed off so everything goes through the skimmer. Maybe I should brush the bottom every few days to stir up any water sitting there and not circulating.
I know people here recommend against the copper based algaecide, but I would like to know more about why I shouldn't add a little of that to the mix. There is no metal in the pool. I don't care if my hair turns green. It might look better green. Just joking, but you have to have very high levels to get green hair don't you?
The ph is high now because of the shock, but it was around 7.6 when the algae started.
It has been very hot here. Lots of days it was over 100. Could that have something to do with this?
FC 23 - shock