Head is spinning!

Jul 13, 2012
I bought a 12x36 quick set pool a week ago & we love it! I overheard a woman saying how you just drop in a chlorine tab etc and how simple it was. I bought tabs but didn't have the float thing for it. I then bought the kind in granule form. Honestly, I poured a capful and that's it. Today my daughter mentioned it was cloudy and a little slippery. I did just pour some bleach in but I didn't have that much. I plan on running to Wal Mart in the morning but I have NO idea what I'm doing! I've been reading all these posts & my head is spinning! Lol! I just need some guidance. I bought this pool because it seemed simple and a good deal. I'm starting to feel I'm in over my head. Please help.

Welcome to TFP!

I know that you said you have been reading posts, but have you looked at Pool School yet? There is a great deal of information that has most all of the answers you will need. It tells you how to chlorinate your pool with bleach, has a pool calculator that does all the work for you, and helps you get an understanding of your water chemistry. Please go there first and come back with any questions you may have that you don't understand. Everyone here is more than willing to help a newbie! Good Luck! :-D

welcome to TFP!

1. Order one of the recommended test kits.
2. While waiting for the kit, read and re-read Pool School
3. Post up a full set of results when kit arrives
4. Start the shock process.

Really going to be hard to do anything until you have reliable levels to report.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.