Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First Test Results. Any Advice?

1. Back To Top    #1

First Test Results. Any Advice?

Finally got the pool filled, pump running, and a full set of test results. Anything I should keep an eye on or start worrying about?

FC: .5 at sunset (added bleach per pool calculator, circulated, and rested. Now 4ppm)
    CC: .0
    PH: 7.2
    TA: 300 (I tested using 10ml sample so 25ppm per drop and got 12 drops before it changed color)
    CH: 300
    CYA: 0 (its in the sock soaking, added 3lbs per pool calculator for a target of 60ppm, i'll check in a few days and make final addition)
    Salt: 3200 per pool calculator (don't have any test strips for salt, going to start the SWG tomorrow to get it dialed in on run time)

I know my TA is extremely high, add that to the SWG and I know I'm going to have to keep an eye on my PH level (jug of MA ready to go). Anything else I should be focusing on at this point?
    6500 gal, Intex 18'x48" above ground, 1hp Pro Sand Filter, TF100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First Test Results. Any Advice?

You appear to be locked and loaded, as well as prepared to keep an eye on the right things. Enjoy some swim time while you are at it.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

3. Back To Top    #3

Keep your ph down for now to avoid scaling of the swg's plates. It might be a good idea to drop your TA more quickly: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...l%20alkalinity
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    Keep your ph down for now to avoid scaling of the swg's plates. It might be a good idea to drop your TA more quickly: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...l%20alkalinity

What should I try and keep it at? Lower than/at 7.2?
    6500 gal, Intex 18'x48" above ground, 1hp Pro Sand Filter, TF100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I would keep down around 7.4-7.2 for now (unless you are in the process of lowering TA, then you will need it to go up with aeration to 7.8, then drop it).
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.