Question about Enhancers, Clarifiers & Floculents

Jul 3, 2012
Dallas, TX
I just started the BBB method on my pool and am in the final stages of algae removal (the pool is now a very light but cloudy green, which is to be expected). I am totally prepared to be patient and let my DE filter do the heavy lifting as far as reducing my cloudiness. But what I want to know is if adding an enhancer (like Leslie's Ultra Clear--sometimes called a clarifier or floculent), will somehow mess up the BBB method and/or help de-cloud the pool water faster (by catching the particles the filter is missing).

All of my levels are within range (except for mt FC which is understandably high) and I have been brushing once a day and backwashing once every 2-3 days. The pool is cement/plaster. Also, I plan to add borax once the cloudiness disappears (unless adding it sooner will help).

Thanks!

I'm far from an expert but I had the same issues a long while back. I followed these guys advice and got my pool cleared up but I still had just a little cloudiness. Very faint but at night with the light on, I could see it.
I only have a sand filter so it won't filter as well as your DE filter can so I added the Leslies Ultra Clear (I only bought it because it was on sale) and while I can say it worked, I would think your DE filter will do just as well as the clarifier given a few more days.
I had more success adding a little DE to my sand filter. I had to backwash more often but it got my pool sparkling clean and it's still there. When it gets just a bit cloudy, I add a cup or so of DE to my sand filter and a few hours later, the pool is refreshingly clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.