First test with TF Test Kit

xene97

LifeTime Supporter
I just got my new test kit in the mail today (thanks for the fast shipping!), so I immediately rushed out to perform my first test. Here are the numbers:
FC 9
TC 9
pH 7.8
TA 150
CH 310
CYA 72
Temp 81

I have an 18,000 gallon gunite pool with a DE filter that's on the fritz. I'm waiting for the Home Warranty people to replace it - anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks. The water looks clear for the most part - I'm hoping that the slight cloudiness is due to DE in the pool.

I know that the TA is a bit on the high side, but I'll leave the solution to that and everything else up to the gurus!

Thanks for the help in advance!

In a non-SWG pool, I'd like to see CYA in the 40-60 range....you're over that, obviously.

If it were my pool. I would stop using the pucks right away.

I would suggest you need to stick with Clorox or 10% pool chlorine for the rest of the summer.

Yeah, the T/A and pH could both come down a little bit. I wouldn't put it on my top two things to do tomorrow but pH around 7.4 and 100 T/A is probably close to perfect if you want to fine tune.

Post back up if you've got questions on lowering T/A.....it can be a little confusing.

I have one of those Polaris Waterstars fountains. Will that do?
Probably. The more bubbles you create, the faster the process. One member put a bubbler on the end of his air compressor and ran the air compressor 24/7......Yikes.

Fountains are probably the best bet.....the guideline is bubbles, bubbles and more bubbles!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.