Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HI! The pool is here!

1. Back To Top    #1
    Tallahassee, FL

HI! The pool is here!

I have been reading, reading, reading! What a wonderful site! I will be sending money as soon as I recover from buying the pool. I will be updating with pics. as soon as I get them off of the camera.

My next purchase will be a test kit!

My install will start tomorrow in the morning! EXCITED!

Since I have well water what do I need to look for? It is great water without any "yuck" in in it. I had it tested when we first moved in. I cannot find the paper that had the results but do remember everyone around here saying we have great/clean water. It sure taste good!

Sand for the filter-where is the best price for sand? Leslies has 50lbs for $9.99. So I will need 3 bags (150lbs) Is that a good price?

THANKS for being here! I really think I can do this!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

2. Back To Top    #2

New Caney, Texas

Re: HI! The pool is here!

Welcome to the forum

I have well water and no issues with it, there are many that do. I would have it tested for iron before using it to fill the pool.
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: HI! The pool is here!

Congrats on the build and $9.99 a bag is a fair price, I paid $8 and change per bag
    24 Ft Sharkline Matrix , ~15,200 Gallons
    Pentair SD60 w/ 2 speed 1.5 HP Dynamo pump
    Taylor K-2006 --- BBB