Under construction in Waxahachie!

:( I know.. But I think the acid helps cure the diamond brite, it has to stay low for a while. I texted him and he is sending over his guys in the am to add whatever i need.

I saw some "black spots" tonite on the steps... I think that's a good sign of algae. I contacted the builder, and he said he's be over in the am. FYI.. Scrubbing hard got the black spots off. hmmmm Not a good sign for "balance!"

I noticed the spots were mostly at the shallow end.. so I am watching really closely to see if they might have been something else. I was able to scrub them off. The PB guys were here and added Alkalinity Plus and ? (I wasn't here when they came.)

I was over on another thread getting (MUCH NEEDED) help in doing the tests. Seems I can't read or do math. :hammer: haha!

Well, thank goodness there are smart people here willing to help! :-D

Sod is in... so if I am MIA.. look for me watering 5 pallets of sod in 100+ temperatures. Ohhhhhhhh the water bill is going to need 4 stamps.

Oh, it is everything I had hoped for... and more arvven! I'll grab some pics of the pool with the 5 pallets of brown sod. :| I'll have to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay the water bill! :shock:

FYI... After you get your pool filled, you can absolutely count on these folks here to walk you thru the chemical process. The support is amazing.

I wonder how Karmann is coming along..

hey sorry i've been out of pocket since the pool was built but my weekends have been packed with swimming hahaha

btw my PB laid out 3 pallets of sod and found out i need maybe another pallet so I'm trying to source that myself since his guy said it would be 2 weeks.

I'm scared to see what my water bill is going to look like next month

I was hoping your leak didn't turn into something big. I'm so glad your PB got you taken care of. Sounds like a great guy.

Oh.. I woke up this morning to the dogs barking their fool heads off at the BLOW-UP SHARK the kids left in the pool last night. I had to go out there and get it out of the water, because every time it moved.......... they barked... and barked... :shark: Hey, it IS shark week on TV... like I've had a chance to watch that... :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's hilarious imrodee! One of those akward moments where the fam is watching something serious and I start cracking up..haha. I did verify the skimmers have the overflow :whoot:

My PB is slow for my taste, but they are doing a great job, so I hesitate to judge since I am sure I am just ready to jump in! Actually, I am super ready to see the tile/coping too!

arvven said:
That's hilarious imrodee! One of those akward moments where the fam is watching something serious and I start cracking up..haha. I did verify the skimmers have the overflow :whoot:

My PB is slow for my taste, but they are doing a great job, so I hesitate to judge since I am sure I am just ready to jump in! Actually, I am super ready to see the tile/coping too!

Kudos to your PB regarding the overflow...
You wait, it will go really fast once the gunite cures!! Happy about the mosquito things they put in your pool. That was a concern for me too.

RAIN!!! Love it!

I'm adding a few pics of the pritty lights, and my test kit. I numbered the caps to help make the testing go quicker. I need to order the speedstir thingamabob today.

Can't wait to see what the rain does to my numbers...... :| or my SOD :-D

Attachments

• IMG_2039.jpg
    IMG_2039.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_2036.jpg
    IMG_2036.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_2034.jpg
    IMG_2034.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 206
Very nice! I actually got a little of the rain as well but we are waiting on a deck pour so I hope it doesn't delay that. We have rain forecasted for Friday which is when we were hoping to get the deck. I'm not selfish, I'll take the rain but things are getting so close to being done, I want to swim a few days before it gets too cool!

Thanks bp! We had to wet our soil/sand down before the concrete pour (I think to compact it.) So this may be a good thing for your deck. The sun is out here right now.. You would really be fortunate to have it clear up for the pour, then sprinkle a bit while it's curing. Now, I'd say that would be perfect timing!!! :)

Sod pics.. 5 pallets

Attachments

• IMG_2051.jpg
    IMG_2051.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_2048.jpg
    IMG_2048.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_2045.jpg
    IMG_2045.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 180
Still have a bit of a mess out back... work in progress!!!

We have 2 fences (normally) One goes around the boundry lines, and the "innie" fence... where the new sod is. We took it down so the PB could do his thing. Now I have to buy more to accommodate the larger area. :wink:

:cheers:

Oh, and a little pic of my two little frogs. I picked up the basket with a coat hanger. I just let them go, I'm sure they'll be back.

Attachments

• IMG_2044.jpg
    IMG_2044.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_2046.jpg
    IMG_2046.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 178
Now there is a clever gadget! The other day I looked down in the hole on the skimmer lid to see what might be lurking. Dang, if I didn't see this long, black, snake looking thing. I had to build up some nerve (and rig up a picker-upper) to get the tight lid off. Turned out the black long scary thing... was the handle.

THAT's what I get for reading that thread on here about skimmer findings.. :roll:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.