Under construction in Waxahachie!

Well... I ordered my test kit refills already - HAHA!! I'm a slow learner I guess. :oops:

I also ordered the speedstir - Can't wait to give that a whirl! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bpricedo said:
I can't wait until I'm at the sod stage!

You need a couple of these so you and the frogs can live together in harmony :)

http://www.lesliespool.com/Home/Pumps-a ... 36900.html

I did pick one of these up yesterday to try out... I'll let you know how it works! Thanks, I would have never known about that. :goodjob:

Hoping for rain..(new $od..) Then hoping it stops on Monday so everybody's pool can get back underway!

imrodee said:
Well... I ordered my test kit refills already - HAHA!! I'm a slow learner I guess. :oops:

I also ordered the speedstir - Can't wait to give that a whirl! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All corney jokes aside...you won't regret the speedstir. I promise you! As for the skimmer, I took a ping-pong ball and drilled a small hole thru it and tied a string to it. I then fished the string thru the hole in the skimmer lid, and tied that end of the string to a washer that was large enough to avoid going into the hole. Now to remove the skimmer lid, I just pick up the washer, and the ping-pong ball lifts the lid up. :D No more worries for me either. :D

@ arvven..I haven't put it on yet - but I think it's going to be pretty cool... We might have to try leebo's lid fix because I still use 2 coat hangers. I don't like my hands next to... the lochness monster! :shock: Good luck tomorrow!!!

@ leebo.. I know. I can tell that when I do a better job at swirling the sample, I get better results. Does it have a light??? I thought I saw that somewhere. It shipped already... along with more re-agents. Hopefully those will last longer.. :wink:

RE; Skimmer Angel - It works as far as not having to put your hand in the water to grab the handle to the basket. HOWEVER, I still will need to use coat hangers to remove the lid.. which is fine by me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the link! I'll look into that more! (Today I found a live baby snake... about 9 inches long and as big around as a pencil.) :shock:

He wasn't in the skimmer at first... but by the time I got all my armor on... he was. THANK GOODNESS Mike was here to help take the basket out.

No kidding!!! BOTH of my feet left the ground when I was bent over taking off the skimmer lid. :shock: :shock: :shock: This was AFTER I had carefully scoped out the holes on the top too.. A good time to check the skimmers is at night, because the lights light up the skimmers and you can see right in there.

Those little frogs were so tired... I'm glad I got them out alive.

...don't ask about the snake. :wink:

Critters in the skimmers....ewwww. I need to do something before my daughter reads this.. I remember the June bugs in my Grandmother's skimmer basket..Tons of them during their season. Man, I am getting the willys!!

Oh and the stirrer..awesome! As Leebo said, it has the lights and all. I did order a few extra cylinders, but I don't think I will need them. Did your numbers get in line? Did that black spot return? How's the sweeping/cleaning going?

Honestly, I'm getting better with dead bugs and stuff. Remember arvven, COAT HANGERS are your friend. :-D We live outside the city limits so we are going to get more critters than you, I would think. :wink: Here is my game plan... If I opened a skimmer and there was something big I couldn't deal with. :shock: I'd just turn off the filter and either get a neighbor or wait for Mike to get home.

Now that the Polaris is up and running, the brushing is less frequent. I still do the benches, tanning ledge, the grotto and steps everyday since the Polaris doesn't get up there. The grotto is going to be hard to scrub when the water gets too cold for me to get in. I can barely clean it from standing on the tanning ledge.. but I don't think I get into all the nooks and crannies. I test the water daily, empty the skimmers and look at the pressure gauge. I'll be sooooo glad when the salt system gets hooked up. It will help keep the chlorine in check. That won't be for another week or so. I'm still in "test training" right now. When my speedstir gets here, it should help the readings be more accurate. I get it near perfect, then it rains, the winds blow dirt in, or everybody jumps in the sparkly pool smathered in sunblock. :lol:

The spots were actually staining from acorns, I am guessing. The spots come off with a little rubbing. Do you have a cover for your pool? We don't.. not yet anyhow. (I'm thinking the tree might need a hairnet.) Thank goodness we aren't near a cotton field!

Right now my biggest challenge is figuring out how to drain the spa into the pool from the easytouch panel. I thought it was automated, but it seems that it's not. I'll have to go read up on that. I've been doing it by hand until I figure it out.

I hope your inspections go good today!!!!! :goodjob:

PS - Buy a little skimmer net. The kind you would use for an aquarium to catch a goldfish. (Walmart - under $2.00) It's handy to fish out the little leaves etc. from the skimmer.

HAHA! I do remember that!

My PB came over with his guys to reprogram the spa drain. It wasn't set up right in the computer part. I'm just glad it wasn't me. I haven't tried it yet, because I just got home a little bit ago.

Leebo had a great idea about the skimmer lids with the pingpong ball. (post up above)

@ everybody - remember to send in your warranty cards on all your pool equipment. I have to do that myself.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.