Under construction in Waxahachie!

Sorry, that is confusing to me.. add bleach, and don't add bleach.

Maybe I'll take a full reading in the am and see where I'm at after the PB's recommendations. Thanks so much!!

I think you're doing great! Most of the stuff I read pretty much didn't have a freak out the first month, with the new water, new pool, brushing etc. I am not an expert mind you, but personally, I will pretty much will let the PB do their part at first. I am going to just take tests to practice more than anything :)

Have you swam yet? It must be so neat to get home from work and see that beauty waiting. Just the water and the sounds would relax me...it hope..lol

Yes!!! We had the kids over Sunday and it was soooo awesome!! The PB had dumped acid in it the day before, and tod us to wait several hours. We waited until the next day.

The pool school guys come tomorrow nite. They were here this morning and I told them about the levels of chemicals... But they weren't concerned. I want to understand what is going in the pool. I've printed out the notes in the pool school here to help me understand it better. I'll get there.. I just don't want to hurt my pool. Lol!! Did your guys come today?

Yes, we passed inspection today and I really expect something to happen with Gunite tomorrow b/c some pool person came to check the tag this afternoon. I usually get an email from PB, but it was later in the afternoon. We'll see.

Again you're doing great on the testing, keep at it and it will all be clear (HA!). Then I can ask you :)

imrodee said:
Here is our timeline from staked to swim

Jul 12 Digging started
Jul 14 Steel installed
Jul 14 Plumbing installed in pool
Jul 14 Equipment installed
Jul 16 Gunite Ours was gunited (odd word) on one day, and the tiles and coping went on within 2 days.
Jul 17 Tiles and Coping
Jul 17 Rock installed on spa & Grotto started
Jul 25 Staked decking
Jul 25 Drainage system under decking installed
Jul 25 Steel installed for deck
Jul 31 Deck poured
Aug 3 Plaster installed
Aug 4 Yard cleaned up
Aug 5 Acid wash deck
Aug 6 Applyed pool mastic to seams around coping and between new and existing decks

Scheduled:
Plumbers coming back to connect something..
Pool School

Just curious on when the equipment was hooked up? Was it done all at once?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here are a few pics (Aug 5th)

Attachments

• 528589_10151004577458732_1568536017_n.jpg
    528589_10151004577458732_1568536017_n.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_2020.jpg
    IMG_2020.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_2024.jpg
    IMG_2024.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 243
I love how you put the potted plants around the pool, that's a great idea! We will have the rock along the back as well and I am busy planning a flower bed there (sans flowers..lol). Gotta run!

Thanks arvven.. The potted planters are the heavy ones, because you know these Texas winds. It would be a mess if they blew over into the pool. Plus the concrete gets so dang hot, it just about bakes them. I've been watering them quite frequently. (Oh my water bill is going to be a doozy.)

I'm ordering sod today - I need about 5 pallets. I am going to do a flower bed (fountain grass, etc along the rock side of the pool.. but I haven't done that yet, so I think I'll do grass for now.

I can't wait to see your pool finished!!! Headed to your thread.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.