Under construction in Waxahachie!

@Karmann - I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll go take some pics. I have to warn you - put your sunglasses on!

It is very important that you learn how to keep the cooties away!

Yes, the powder test is more accurate than trying to match up the yellows. You can also measure up to 50ppm with the powder test and only 5ppm with the color test.

If you haven't already, check out the link in my signature. Last year when I was first starting out I found it to be a very good reference point that didn't go into so much detail that I got confused.

THANKS aa! I will print that our as a reference. I can read something 2 or 3 times before I "get it." :lol:

I'm skipping some of the install pics..

Get your SHADES on! She's pretty BLUE! It should darken a bit during curing. :party:

The PB is waiting on the grotto light from Pentair to come in.. I guess I'll get to see that underwater install soon!

Started filling at 1:30 today. PB said I could dampen the walls down a bit thru out the day since it's so hot.. only 100, Weather Channel says "Feels Like 99." :lol: Big break in the weather!

Attachments

• IMG_1963.jpg
    IMG_1963.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_1966.jpg
    IMG_1966.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_1972.jpg
    IMG_1972.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 327
You can see the "shelf" in the grotto I think on one of these pics..

Attachments

• IMG_1984.jpg
    IMG_1984.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_1977.jpg
    IMG_1977.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 327
The color will darken as we go.. It's kind of a color shock to see all that blue when we've been looking at brown dirt and grey gunite.

What a difference a day makes! :party:

Clean-up guys coming today.

Today is our 28th wedding anniversary!! How cool is that?

Attachments

• IMG_2005.jpg
    IMG_2005.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_2003.jpg
    IMG_2003.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_2006.jpg
    IMG_2006.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 291
I haven't talked to the PB today yet... do you think they come turn on this equipment?

I suppose I should test the water. We had 3 hoses running and it filled to just over the bottom tile in 16 hours.

Attachments

• IMG_2008.jpg
    IMG_2008.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_2009.jpg
    IMG_2009.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_2010.jpg
    IMG_2010.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 289
The NPC card states to have filtration running, adjust ph and alkalinity levels to recommended levels on the first day. I don't know if their recommendations are just for regular plaster or if they apply to quartz or pebble surfaces. I would think that having your pump going and ph in proper range would be important to get done quickly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks bpricedo, The PB just left.. The start up crew are coming to get it all up and going today. He took a sample of the water with him to have it tested. I didn't have the heart to tell him I already did that. PB has a Pool Store.

The yard guys are here messing up my clean water. I will wait until they leave then wet the dirt all down. Dang it!

arvven said:
How beautiful! It's looking fabulous! Congrats on the anniversary too!

Thanks arvven.. Yep 28 years. Man, that's alot of suppers now that I think about it. (Worth it tho.)

The "clean-up" guys for the yard came this morning and the pool is full of dirt and sand - :grrrr:
We had about an extra truckload of sand and 2 truckloads of black top soil to build up around the pool. They were supposed to do that before the plaster so we didn't have this problem.. :roll:

I called the PB before I left today, and he sent his guys over to clean it up. But I had to leave (work) They came and swept it quite a bit and turned on the motors. Not sure what the motors go to.... because I wasn't home. The spa overspill is on, the grotto is on and I think the returns? Can't stick my arm in the water, or I'll come out with stubs. (acid)

They were gone when I got back. It is still a mess, but better. They did leave chemicals, a brush, pole and net and a test kit. We can't get in it until after 10:00 because they put M. Acid in it.

They were going to come back tomorrow to do something, but Mike told them to wait until Monday, because the family is coming over to swim.. HAHAHA! I'll test the water and post the results before anybody gets in.

The PB gave me a Pentair Model 78 "all in one" test kit.

When Mike wakes up, I was going to hand him a glass of wine... but I think I might hand him a pool brush instead. :lol:

:lovetfp: :lovetfp: :lovetfp:

Here is our timeline from staked to swim

Jul 12 Digging started
Jul 14 Steel installed
Jul 14 Plumbing installed in pool
Jul 14 Equipment installed
Jul 16 Gunite Ours was gunited (odd word) on one day, and the tiles and coping went on within 2 days.
Jul 17 Tiles and Coping
Jul 17 Rock installed on spa & Grotto started
Jul 25 Staked decking
Jul 25 Drainage system under decking installed
Jul 25 Steel installed for deck
Jul 31 Deck poured
Aug 3 Plaster installed
Aug 4 Yard cleaned up
Aug 5 Acid wash deck
Aug 6 Applyed pool mastic to seams around coping and between new and existing decks

Scheduled:
Plumbers coming back to connect something..
Pool School

OK, kids just left. I brushed the pool and started testing.

I started the FAS/DPD test, and you know where it says it will turn pink after the R-870? It's clear. Now what?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.