Under construction in Waxahachie!

Hi imrodee! It's been awhile since I have been on...Can't wait for summer, this cold blast is killing us! We are thinking of heating the pool for Easter swim party. I use my spa usually once a week, love it! Hope things are well with you!

HEY Arvven! :wave: :wave: :wave: I know what you mean! I'm glad you're enjoying you spa. I know... I can't wait for the warmer weather either. We didn't use our spa as much as I thought we would this winter, it's been since Thanksgiving for us. (It's a long cold run back to the house..) LOL!

We have a BAD leak in our spa.. I mean we are losing 2 inches a day! :shock: I didn't notice it because the freeze alert would come on at night and the pool would refill the spa, and the pool would go down a smidgen, and I would just refill it. Now I have hairline cracks in the decking around the spa (which may or may not be related..) I called the PB on Wednesday, he said to turn everything off on Wednesday and he would come today. He didn't get buy, but the spa is down tonite 9 inches. The pool is fine. I was wondering why I was losing salt, and my CYA was so low. It makes sense now.

I'm disappointed the PB didn't get by, I could not get a hold of him today. If I knew how to shut off the spa and just run the pool on the computer, I would. I can't keep up with the leaves. I'm checking the chlorine and pH, but that's about it. Tomorrow night it's supposed to get cold and I'm filling it back up and running it in case of a freeze. I'm really PO'd I didn't even get a call back today. I took the day off to make sure I was here.
I'm trying to stay calm.. Hoping for the best, but worried about the worst. :|

As soon as this cold snap gets thru here, I'm SURE summer will show up! I sure hope so - I'm tired of the cold. CAN'T wait!!! :snorkle:

Good to hear from you!

Helen

A leak!!??!! OMG, I would feel the same as you. You don't see any water huh? Guess it's soaking into the pool? Geez, I'm so sorry :( We were thinking of heating the pool and swimming for Easter, but now I see 40% chance of rain -.- Temp looks good. I didn't measure cl or ph for Jan or Feb. I thought I read on here somewhere when the pool temp gets low the readings go out of whack? You didn't have that problem, I will note that for next year. I am paying for it now though, PH and TA were really high and I am going to add my second gallon in 4 days of Muriatic Acid. I hope I didn't mess up anything.

Keep us posted on the spa problem..Hoping to hear it's no biggie and easy to fix :(

Everything is fixable!! Little bit of bleach and acid... You'll be ok! I just try to keep levels in the normal range is all. That would be fun for Easter! I hope the weatherman is wrong!

My PB came by today and replaced a valve/flipper thing. We will have to wait until the freezes are over before i will be able to tell if that is the problem. He thinks the spa water is going in the pool. i know it isnt. when the pump was off for 4 days, the spa water dropped 11 inches. the pool did not budge. i plugged the overflow pipe, so the water would have come up some. I am losing cya and salt. The pool calculator said to add 120 pounds of salt!! That is only because i am replacing water.

Oops, fat finger on iPad.. Anyhow, we'll get it looked at. Im going to make me one of those homemade leak detectors. :lol:

The other thing is my yucca tree by the spa is not happy. I think it is getting wet salty feet... And he likes dry feet.

Enjoy your Easter!!!

Homemade leak detectors?! Interested! Oh and I have a pair of Mallard ducks that come every evening...I am trying my best to not encourage it, but they are sooo cute! I'll post some pics of them. Hoping for easy spa repair!

Leak detector is 5ft PVC pipe, upside down styrofoam cup on top with stethoscope taped to cup. Lol!!! I just ordered my stethoscope from amazon. :goodjob: I saw the *recipe* for that on this site somewhere. A farmer uses it to detect underground leaks in his irrigation system. He said he can hear moles and other varmints too. Well, it could be a deal or a dud. We'll see!!

Oh, i think thats cute that you have ducks!! Post a pic when you can. :-D

Thanks on the repair.. :cry:

did you get your leak fixed??

I dealt with a small leak in our spa a few times, finally after they resealed around the air jets all was good.

I'm not thrilled with the grey sealing agent they used on my pebble tec but nobody notices it but me. It doesn't look horrible but sort of like a small grey ring around each of my air jets, we'll see how it holds up i guess.

Hey Karmann! I think so!! Allen came out and changed a valve out that had a crack in it. I didn't see which one. The Check valve had already been replaced earlier - but that wasn't it. Sooooo. fingers crossed. It was hard to tell, since we had all that rain. I'm going out there right now to clean that puppy UP!

GO RANGERS!!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.