Under construction in Waxahachie!

oh my goodness..so beautiful. It's hard to imagine my will even be close to that look! I kinda like the white bubbles, reminds me of rapids, but if they go away that will be great to know.

Thanks for all the advice on the pool setup!! I am making a copy of it now!

I'm waiting on your good news arvven!!

I am scooping out crepe myrtle droppings today.. I think I'm going to go trim a few trees actually. :idea:

Something I learned.. My pump is a variable speed pump that typically runs from 9am to 6pm on low speed. I haven't backwashed in a while because the DE pressure gauge hasn't gone up at all. It stays at 20psi. I read random threads here and on one of those threads someone here mentioned that you need to turn your pump on to a higher speed to see if if needs to be backwashed. Well, I turned my pump up, and low and behold, my pressure jumped from 20 to 28psi. I backwashed, rinsed, and all was back to normal. Not sure if that's normal procedure.. but thought I'd throw that out there. Any thoughts?

Always check your pressure at the same pump speed. I tend to check mine at 90% since thats the highest setting I have programed at this time. After I backwash I put the pump at 90% and set the low pressure mark on the dial. Then when I check it I set it to 90% and verify the pressure. This seems to work good for me.

Your pool looks great.

Thanks! You know, I forgot to reset the gauge on the high speed. I will do that. I'm still learning about all the controls. :study:

Thanks for the compliment on the pool! We are really enjoying it. Now, I've got to come up with a cover design for an odd shaped area of the deck.

I finally took out the "angel" handle that I bought. It's that gadget that fits on the skimmer basket to help lift the basket out without putting your hand in the water.

Spiders liked hiding on it. The end.

Lol! You crack me up!

Does your spa still have that bubbly white stuff in it? How is the salt doing keeping the chlorine levels up to snuff? My pool builder suggested 3 times a day for 3-4 days, then back off slowly... I think after I get a good rhythm going it won't be bad, just paranoid about missing spots.

You mentioned a cover for your pool or did I misunderstand?

arvven said:
Lol! You crack me up!

Does your spa still have that bubbly white stuff in it? How is the salt doing keeping the chlorine levels up to snuff? My pool builder suggested 3 times a day for 3-4 days, then back off slowly... I think after I get a good rhythm going it won't be bad, just paranoid about missing spots.

You mentioned a cover for your pool or did I misunderstand?
Yes, still have white bubbles... But not foamy..
Salt is doing awesome so far!!!

No cover for the pool yet... I'll have to look back and see what I was talking about... Hitting the sack right now... But just had to check on the forum... Loll!!! I'm SOOO excited for you!!!!!!!!

Oh, I see.. the "cover" I was talking about is a pergola to cover part of the deck. The deck is odd shaped. I don't think we'll be covering the pool, we enjoy looking at it too much! LOL! We are sure getting our money's worth!!

There is a rather large brown rat doing laps (literally) in the pool this morning, along with a frog. The pool is scheduled to come on in 10 minutes. UUUUUGHHHH! I don't want to kill him, but I don't want him alive running around here either. He's been in there over an hour so far. I feel terrible.

I haven't looked in the skimmers yet... Where are those owls when you need one???

Well, I just turned the pump off. As soon as I can get somebody here to scoop out the critters, I'll be back in business.

From what I read on here, the chlorine will sanitize the pool right?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
:shock: You too?

My neighbor came over and got him out... I gave him a garbage bag and didn't ask any questions. Yep, I'm a big chicken. I thought the coast was clear, then when I opened the skimmer there was a frog trying to get out. I did get him out and let him go.

I'm baking the neighbor some "Maggie Bars." :-D

I’m sure this is overkill but I add shock every time I find a mouse in my skimmer.

It’s only happened 2x so far and once was yesterday morning after all the raining stopped. I figured my pool was low on CL from spilling over all day Saturday due to the rain anyway.

Never seen my pool so full, it looked awesome but I couldn’t help but cringe as all my pool chemicals went bye bye haha

Karmann said:
I’m sure this is overkill but I add shock every time I find a mouse in my skimmer.

It’s only happened 2x so far and once was yesterday morning after all the raining stopped. I figured my pool was low on CL from spilling over all day Saturday due to the rain anyway.

Never seen my pool so full, it looked awesome but I couldn’t help but cringe as all my pool chemicals went bye bye haha

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: THE HAIR JUST WENT UP ON MY ARMS when I read "everytime I get a mouse.." LOL! Glad it was only 2 so far!

Do you have an auto overspill? Well since you have those drains - probably doesn't matter. At least you have an infinity pool for a day or two! :lol:

Arvven's pool is filled!!!! It is beautiful!! I was hoping the weather would hold out, but I think after all this time, they won't care how cold it is! Plus having the spa makes it ok.

hahaha, i expect many more mice and frogs, but i dread the day i find a snake. I REALLY hope i don't find a baby possum like my brother did once YUCK

I have one of those overspill grates that spills out about 20 feet on the side of my yard that's all i need i imagine but we'll see.

Water is way to cold for me even when it gets above 90 for the day the water is freezing so it's hot tub only time for us until next summer.

Yeah, ditto on the cold water.. I've had 2 baby snakes (size of a pencil + a little)

My rat yesterday was alive. When he saw me, he swam over to me like I was going to pick him up... I wanted to.. but I couldn't. I walked around the pool and he followed me (swimming.) After a while, I just called my husband that is in Iowa this week.. He just laughed, then called my neighbor. My neighbor got the rat out. I didn't ask, I stayed in the house and baked a "thank you for being such a great neighbor" desert. I checked my chemistry, and my FC was at 12, pH was 7.8.. so I was ok there. I brushed the heck out of the pool and it was sparkling. I cringed (a little) when I stood on the tanning shelf to brush the grotto.

I ended up taking that angel handle off - the spiders liked to hide under the handle - baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad If YOU want to try it - you can have it! I have a homemade grate picker-upper and a little fish net for gold-fish that keeps a pretty good distance. Have you tried a "sock?" I haven't but thought I'd try those.

Try rigging up a board from the coping into the water, the animals will use it to get out (the frogs probably won't).
Somebody even makes a contraption like this that fits over the coping.
If they are still alive, and your chlorine levels are normal, there's no need to shock. :shock:

Oh my goodness, critters are all over your pool! I am with Karman, maybe cause I'm not hot, but it's too cold for me today. It may be different if I am out while in the middle of the day where I get hot.

Qwaxalot said:
Try rigging up a board from the coping into the water, the animals will use it to get out (the frogs probably won't).
Somebody even makes a contraption like this that fits over the coping.
If they are still alive, and your chlorine levels are normal, there's no need to shock. :shock:

Great idea! I have a huge rock kind of cemented in the coping by the tanning ledge. I bet I could get a plank and some rope and make that work. I hate to admit it, but I cried because I couldn't help him.... even with the pole extended out to the max and wearing my wellies. (Pole extended for maximum safe distance reasons only)

Can you help arvven get her spa on? She has just got her pool filled on Friday, and has to wait a week for pool school................ Meanwhile, no one told her how to turn on her spa or the lights. :(

arvven said:
Oh my goodness, critters are all over your pool! I am with Karman, maybe cause I'm not hot, but it's too cold for me today. It may be different if I am out while in the middle of the day where I get hot.

Girl........ it will happen. No one puts that in the Owner's Manual either.. :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.