Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorine not dropping

1. Back To Top    #1

South Florida

Chlorine not dropping

FC 20
    CC 0
    pH 7.0 coming off acid start
    TA 40 Don't want to adjust pH or TA until I can test pH correctly due to high fc
    Salt 3400
    CH 350
    CYA 30

SWG set to 0. It has been 3 days and chlorine won't droop below 20ppm. What's up?
    IG ~14,000 Gal
    Pentair clean n clear Cartridge 100g/
    SWG Aquapure 1400
    Hayward XL Cleaner
    Premix Marbletite Freestone series
    1.5Hp 2 speed

2. Back To Top    #2
    Portland, Oregon

Re: Chlorine not dropping

Invite some teenage boys over, have them put their stinky feet in the pool :~}

How did it get to 20ppm in the first place? Were you shocking? If so, 20ppm is a little high for CYA of 30. If the SWG got it there, is there a chance that it's wonked and producing more chlorine than it's set for? Can you turn the SWG off completely (power off)?
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.