Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Forgot to rinse the filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Forgot to rinse the filter

Last night I back washed the filter. And of course I forgot to rinse it. All that muck went straigt into the pool. So after promising the kids and hubby last week was the only time I would have to shock the pool this summer, I am back to square one. I raised the Fc last night to 15 hoping that would be enough but it wasn't. all day the cc has bee going higher. last test was fc9 and CC 1.5 A weekend of can we get in yet? over and over is going to be fun. brush, vacuum, brush, vacuum, rinse repeat. off to buy more bleach....
    AG 15x30 4 ft deep 12000 gal.
    Aqua Star 100lbs Sand Filter model fs019
    Installed june 2012

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Forgot to rinse the filter

The stuff that was in the filter should be algae-free - it's been soaking in pool water all along. It's all one system; if the pool shows 5 FC, the water in the filter is 5 FC. Just vacuum it up.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!