Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about the liquidator flow indicator

1. Back To Top    #1
    Mobile, Alabama

Question about the liquidator flow indicator

Just installed a C201 liquidator and have it in service. The rotometer has a float ball that does not float on the liquid surface. It will rise to about 4, but I can see the liquid level is about 5. If I reduce the flow so that the liquid level is 4 the float is about 3. Is that normal and should I go by the float level or the liquid level.
    20' x 40' IG with vinyl liner volume approx. 35,000 gal.1.5 H.P. main pump, Polaris 280 cleaner W/ 3/4 H.P. booster pump
    Hayward sand filter, 3.14 sq ft, 62 gpm. Stenner 45 MPH10 chlorine feed pump. 1 micron final filter bags (home made and very effective)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question about the liquidator flow indicator

My flow indicator does the same.... I go by the ball position for increase,,decrease. It's easy to overtighten the connection on the gauge and crack it,.... I added 0 rings to all connections,in addition to teflon tape. Does it help prevent leaks?? Don't know,but I have none. Just a FYI....
    21000 Gallons I/G,,Vinyl,, 1.5 H.P. Hayward Pump,, Hayward Sand Filter S244T.. Liquidator.

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Question about the liquidator flow indicator

The 'float' doesn't actually float. The force of water flowing past it suspends it in the water flow
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit