Dead animal in pool

I would if it were my pool. Dead animals are breeding grounds for bacteria and viruses. I would feel safer for my family superchlorinating the pool. You never know what that thing was carrying!

Over the years I have found birds, chipmunks, and dead mice in my pool. One time I even got a double...dead mouse in pool and a chipmunk in the skimmer. I would raise it to shock for one day as previously described.

There is no need to shock as long as there is a reasonable amout of FC in the pool. If you could see what was at the bottom of every lake in the world, you would drink your pool water with the dead rabbit in it before sticking one toe in a lake.

Leebo said:
Swimming in ponds.....ewwwwwwww. Drinking pond water......ewwwwww!!

Shock

My point is, people swim in lakes all the time and even accidentally swallow water without getting sick and lake floors are littered with dead animals, fish and even human bodies.

There is no need to worry about one dead bunny found floating in a chlorinated pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Maybe I should not mention this,
Squeamish alert, stop reading now
don't say you were not warned

but this reminds me of an incident in a neighboring city about 25 years ago, where they found a dead body stuffed in a water tower.

Ok... Isaac, that tops them all... Glad I'm on well water!!

Hubby would love to find a bat in the skimmer... so long as it is no longer kicking. He's deadly afraid of the things.

I'm not crazy about swimming in the lake or a pond, but will do it on occasion. Can't imagine the little guy would cause too much trouble so long as your chlorine levels were in check and still maintaining well. Who knows how many birds drop their waste in our pools as they fly over... and I would image that to be worse than a little guy who just recently fell in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.