Service call that was a real pleasure

stev32k

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
Mobile, Alabama
My main pump ran dry for about an hour and ate up the seals (don't ask how). I called a guy I had used about two years ago that did some good work for me and was surprised he was still in business. That was yesterday. Today he showed up about 9 AM and had the pump repaired and back in service by 10.

Wish I could find more service people like him. When he arrived he looked at the pump. Turned it on briefly then went back to his truck and returned with a 5 gallon bucket with all the tools and parts he needed. Actual working time was about 30 minutes and he didn't make a second trip back to his truck. It was a pleasure to watch because it was obvious he knew what he was doing and was not afraid to work or get his hands dirty.

He spent 15 minutes watching the pump to make sure it didn't leak. I was prepared to pay about $150 so was very surprised when he told me $65.
He drives a van about the size of a UPS truck that was fitted with racks and bins and I believe he had as many PVC fittings & pipe, pump & filter parts, and chemicals as most mid sized pool stores. He said he had to carry that much stuff around because he couldn't afford the gas to be running back and forth from a job to the store.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.