And he (the electrician) said....Let there be Light!!!

Valkyrie

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
Athens, AL
Another reason to hate the hill scroggin we bought our house from.....

The pool lights never worked, so I pull one of the bulbs out (electrical wire too short to be removed from the water) and found a bulb was indeed burned out. Replaced it and still no lights.

Called an electrician to look at getting an estimate on a timer.

He found a GFI popped, that I did not know was there, also found the light switch for the deep end light behind a bush near the diving board.

Just a rant about a spinless*^%^%$%$&%& that gave me no passdown concerning the pool.

BTW the lights look fantastic.

Hello val,

I dare not put lights in my pool and I put flood light on the sunshade, I worry of leak.
You were saying the GFI pop, that means you drive 110V bulb ?

If I were to put lights, I will prefer 12V with full isolated transformer, GFI or no GFI ...I am scared. I know a bit of electricity and electrocution worry me a great deal.

Also ur case reminded me that an extra length cable was prepared/coiled by light installer when my friend decided to use 12V light, same worry...bulb change while pool is full of water.

Underwater lights is nice though... :)...but expensive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.